There are two types of access options for users that need access to make payments. By default Wise-Pay can accept payments for your invoices without the need to add any users. User accounts are only required if you wish to save payment methods, or to allow users to access advanced features:
- Un-Authenticated - Guest User
Direct access through payment services, a user account in not required to simply accept a payment from one of the payment following services:
- Quosal Order Porter (where no recurring payment type is selected on the quote)
- Xero Payment Services (PayNow button)
- ConnectWise Portal Access (PayNow button)
- ConnectWise Invoice Templates (html button)
- Authenicated User - Wise-Payer
Added through your Wise-Pay admin console, provides users with the ability to:
- Save credit card & bank accounts
- Make payments using a saved card
- Add / change payment methods
- View past payments
- Schedule / Cancel future dated payment
- Download Invoice (pdf)
- Can be setup for automatic payments
Note: The user account for a Wise-Pay (user) is linked to their email. Each Wise-Pay user can be invited to multiple Wise-Pay accounts (organisations) simplifying the access if the payee has multiple companies that use Wise-Pay.
If you need to save payment information, or where a recurring schedule of payments need to be established, each user will need to be setup for access to the Wise-Pay portal.
In order to facilitate the exchange of payment information from ConnectWise Customer Portal, Wise-Pay is configured as a proxy, using the Authorize.Net framework to pass through the payment information to Wise-Pay, so that payment information can then be validated against balances outstanding in your Accounting System. Wise-Pay will always resolve the payment amount from our accounting system - regardless of payment amount showing in ConnectWise.
Before you add any Payers to Wise-Pay, you should first send an email or phone call, advising you are partnering with Wise-Pay and IntegraPay for payment processing and that they should expect an email, inviting them to become a Payer.
For further information and template emails please refer to the following knowledge based articles: