BrainTree Merchant Settings
BrainTree has all of the information that is required to complete the configuration of Wise-Pay merchant account settings.
- Log into BrainTree: https://www.braintreepayments.com
- Click on Log In Name
Note: your Login Name will be the account that signed up for BrainTree, and has access to all admin functions.
- Click on Account Settings
- Click on Settings
- Select Processing
- Make a note of the Merchant Account ID as this is required later
- At the top of the menu click Account
- Select My User
- Click View API Keys
- Press View
- (Options) If no API Key is present in the list box press the Generate New button to generate a new Key and revert to previous steps to view API Key.
Note: The merchant ID listed here is different to the "Merchant Account ID". This ID is used to connect to your BrainTree Account; where the Merchant Account ID is used to connect to your processing service. This would be different for each processing account if you process cross-border transactions, or have one BrainTree account for multiple business accounts.
Log into Wise-Pay to configure BrainTree Account Configuration
- Log into Wise-Pay
- Click Configure
- Click Merchants
- Click Edit
- Merchant Account Type: select BrainTree Payment Gateway
- Bank Account for Payments: select the bank account you wish to allocate payments to, when received through Wise-Pay.
Note: Only Bank Account with account codes or Xero Accounts with 'Enable Payments' will be displayed in this drop-down.
- Bank Accounts for Prepayments: select a Bank Account for Prepayments (this must be a bank account).
- Revenue Account for Prepayments: select a Revenue Account for Prepayments received through Wise-Pay
Note: Only Revenue Accounts or Xero Accounts with Payments enabled will be displayed in the drop-down.
- Overpayment Tax Code: select the Tax Code to be used for overpayments
- (Optional) Enable AVS: This will save the address detail when creating or updating Payers Credit Card details
- Maximum Credit Card Transaction Amount: Enter the highest values you are able to process
- Tick: Approve when paid
When enabled, draft invoices will automatically be approved when applying a payment
- Tick: Allow Payment when scheduled
When enabled, real-time payments will automatically cancel existing schedule payments
- Tick: Check Scheduled Payments
Check your account platform for changes to invoices that are scheduled for payment. Cancels existing scheduled transaction up to 18hrs prior to scheduled date if payment is already made or invoice is Void. If an amount is still owing, the system will resubmit the scheduled transaction for the remaining amount.
- Tick: Append Company Name
Enable this to include payers' company names in the payment gateway console
- Locale: Select your locale
- Base Currency: this is automatically selected from your Accounting Package
- Invoice Source: select your Invoice source.
Choose which system to generate PDF files from when users download an invoice
- ConnectWise User: select the ConnectWise credentials that will used to automatically mark payments in ConnectWise
- (Optional) Allow DDR: Select 'Allow DDR' to enable the option to accept 'Bank Debit' payments. This option is only available for merchant providers accepting bank debits in your region. Please contact us if you are not sure on whether your provider allows Bank Debits.
- (Optional) Maximum DDR Transaction Amount: if you are using DDR you will need to enter your credit limit for processing DDR transactions
- (Optional) DDR Merchant Service Type: If using Stripe as your "Primary Merchant Provider" select the secondary DDR provider, additional API Keys will need to be provided in the next step.
Update Wise-Pay with BrainTree API Keys
- In your Account Merchant Details screen select API Keys Tab
- Enter the BrainTree Keys
Note: If you are using the Sandbox details to do some test transactions; while you are testing Wise-Pay. Be sure to set these values to the values from your production account when you have completed your testing.
- Tick: Is Production Account
Note: when an account is not set to Production only test transactions will be preformed, no actual transactions will be processed regardless of whether the Test or Live Key is provided
Optional Steps: Only required when using IntegraPay as your DDR Provider
- IntegraPay API username: enter your IntegraPay API user details if the DDR merchant is different to your primary merchant
- IntegraPay API password: Enter your IntegraPay API password
- Tick: Is Production Account
- Click Save
IntegraPay Merchant Settings
Stripe Merchant Settings
Authorize.Net Merchant Settings
Terms and Disclaimers
Virtual Terminal (QuickLink)
Email Link for ConnectWise Invoices
ConnectWise Customer Portal
Credit Card Surcharges