How to Make Batch Payments
As a Wise-Pay merchant, you can take payments for a batch of invoices issued to a payer in one transaction.
It is important to note that batch payments can only be made through credit cards. The bank transfer options will be added in the future releases.
The following are the steps to make batch payments:
- Log in to Wise-Pay.
- In the Outstanding Payments pod, look for the invoices issued by the same company.
- Select Actions > Batch Pay Now for any of these invoices.
Wise-Pay displays the Batch Pay Now screen, listing all outstanding invoices from the selected company.
Note:You can also use the Pay Now > Batch Pay Now menu option to make batch payments.
- Use the check box to include the invoice into the batch. You can also use the Select All or Unselect All.
Wise-Pay automatically calculates the total outstanding amount for the selected invoices.
- Enter the amount that you want to pay in the Batch Amount text area.
- In the Allocated text area for each of the selected invoices, enter the amount that you wish to allocate to the invoice out of the total batch amount. The sum of the all allocated amounts appears in the Total Allocated Amount text area. Consider the following while allocating amount:
- The total allocated amount of all the selected invoices must be less than or equal to the batch amount. Wise-Pay displays an error message if the Total Allocated Amount is less than the Batch Amount.
- If the Batch Amount is more than the Total Allocated Amount, an over-payment invoice would be automatically generated and a credit note (with the same reference number as the over-payment invoice) will be generated and synced to the accounting application.
The Re-submit button appears in the case of any payment error. It enables you to select a different card to make the payment.
A Wise-Pay merchant can also take payment for an issued invoice on behalf of a payer, using the payer's bank account or credit cards. The payments taken by merchants are reflected in the payer's Wise-Pay accounts. A payer will not be able to pay an invoice for which the merchant has already taken a payment.
Action Available to Invoice Paid in a Batch
The Actions drop-down has the following options for each invoice paid in the batch:
- Print Invoice: Enables you to download the PDF version of the invoice.
- Remove From Batch: Enables you to remove the invoice from the batch. The payment received for this invoice will be treated as over-payment and would be handled through an automatically-generated credit note.
- Show Details: Enables you to view details of the paid invoice. You can remove all invoices from a paid batch.
For more information on handling over-payments, How To Handle Overpayments.