Introduction to the Wise-Pay Merchant Dashboard
Once you have successfully configured your Wise-Pay account and synced invoices from ConnectWise to the accounting package, your Wise-Pay dashboard will display the invoices that you issued to your payers for payment. Each of these invoices would also be visible to the respective payers when they log in to their Wise-Pay account.
The following diagram shows the Outstanding Payments and Scheduled Payments pods of a merchant dashboard. The Download data from accounting application button lets you download the latest data from the connected accounting application.
The Outstanding Payments pod displays the invoices with outstanding payments. It displays the following invoices:
- Invoices synced from the accounting system that are not scheduled (neither manually nor through automatic payments)
- Invoices that were scheduled for payment (Actions>Schedule or through automatic payments) but the payment failed for them
- Invoices applied with manual payment (Actions>Pay Now) but the payment failed for them
- Any invoice for which a partial payment has been processed but some outstanding amount remains.
A calendar icon next to the Total Outstanding amount of an invoice indicates that it has been scheduled for payment. When you hover your mouse over this icon, Wise-Pay displays the scheduling information. A round arrow indicates an automatic payment transaction.
|Reference||A unique reference number for the payment transaction, usually invoice number.|
|Company||The payer company to whom the invoice has been issued.|
|Amount||The total amount of the invoice.|
|Total Outstanding||The total outstanding amount of the invoice.|
|Due Date||The due date to pay the outstanding amount.|
|Status||The payment status of the invoice.|
The following actions are available on invoices through the Actions drop-down.
- Schedule: Enables you to schedule and invoice for payment using payer's bank account.
- Pay Now: Enables you to get a payment for the invoice using the payer's credit card.
- Batch Pay Now: Enables you to get a payment for a batch of invoices issued to the same payer.
- Download PDF: Enables you to download a PDF copy of the invoice.
The article How To Receive Payment for an Issued Invoice explains the methods to get payment for issued invoices.
The Scheduled Payments pod displays the invoices which have been scheduled for payment. The invoice stays in this pod until the payment is successful and the configured account is settled. An invoice can be scheduled through any of the following methods:
- The payer selects Actions>Schedule and schedules an invoice for payment.
- The invoice has a billing term that has been configured for automatic payments by the Wise-Pay merchant.
The following actions are available through the Actions drop down on each invoice displayed in the Scheduled Invoice pod:
- Check Request: Wise-Pay checks the payment status of this invoice with the payment processor and reflects the status.
- Cancel Payment: Wise-Pay cancels the payment schedule for this invoice and pushes the invoice out of the Scheduled Paymentspod.
- Download PDF: Enables you to download a PDF copy of this invoice.
The following diagram shows the Automatic Payments and Past Payments pods of a merchant dashboard.
The Automatic Payments pod displays a list of invoices that were paid through the automatic payments feature. This means, the payments for these invoices was automatically drawn from the payers' accounts based on the auto-pay terms configured. This pod displays the invoices that were either paid or the payment was reset for them. The article What Are Automatic Payments explains the concept of automatic payments.
The following actions are available through the Actions drop-down available on each of the invoices displayed in this pod.
- Reset: Resets the number of retries that have been done for this invoice to 0. On the next sync the invoice would be re-queued for automatic payment
- Reset & Re-queue: Rests the number of retries that have been done for this invoice to 0 and immediately queues is for automatic payments
- Re-allocate: Enables you to allocate the amount to another invoice for the same payer.
- Pay Using Backup:
The Past Payments pod displays the invoices for which a payment has been successful. Each payment (either partial or full) is displayed as a separate transaction. For example, if you have paid an invoice by making two part-payments, two records would be displayed in this pod for that invoice.
A round arrow indicates that the payment for this invoices was made through automatic payments.
The screen area above the Outstanding Payments pod is used to display some important notifications for your Wise-Pay merchant account. A link is usually provided with these notifications to take you to the problematic part that needs a fix.