New Feature: Auto Payments can be processed based on Invoice Due Date.
Automatic Payment Billing Terms Settings now provide an option called Scheduling Mode', which allows for a more concise way of setting the processing method for Automatic Payments.
Allows users to choose the method they would like to schedule Auto-Payments, which are
- Invoice Due Date - This means that the Auto-Payment will be scheduled for the invoice due date (Sourced from the accounting package record).
- Day of Month - A atstic day of the current month, if the day has already passed, it will move to same day of the next month.
- Number of Days After the Invoice Date - This is a static number of days after the invoice date.
To setup Auto-Payments based on Invoice Due Date:
1. Go to your 'Auto-Payment Settings'.
2. Click on 'Add Billing Term'
3. Fill in the information
When configuring your Billing Terms:
1. Enter the Name of your Billing Term.
2. Enter a Description of your Billing Term (This will help you distinguish between similar Billing Terms, and is displayed to the client).
3. Select the ConnectWise Billing Term from the drop down selection.
4. Choose the "Scheduling Mode".
Invoice Due Date - This means that the Auto-Payment date will be taken from the invoice due date in Xero.
Number of Days After the Invoice Date - This option will enable more fields which you will need to set.
Date of Month - This option will enable more fields which you will need to set.
5. Tick whether this is for 'Accept Bank Payments', 'Accept Credit Card Payment' or both.
You will need to ensure that you select / supply the relevant values when updating the Billing Terms Settings, the system will display an error and you will not be able to save the new Billing Terms.