Syncing to Schedule Auto-Payments
Prior to Scheduling Auto-Payments, ensure you have:
- Read the Auto-Payments Overview
- Added Terms & Disclaimers
- Configured Auto-Payment Settings & Billing Terms
- Created & Configured Wise-Pay Clearing Account
- Added Wise-Payers & Configured Auto-Payment Settings, then you can move onto
Step 1 - Get Invoicing done in ConnectWise
- Log into ConnectWise
- Go to Finance > Invoicing > Create Invoices
- Update invoices with any required changes or additions
- Check Invoices are using the Bill Terms that have been configured in Wise-Pay and associated with a User for that company
- Ensure Invoice date is set to allow the Due Date to work with the appropriate Bill Terms - i.e. invoices sent out a few days prior to end of month may use invoice and due date of 1st of following month.
- Manually or batch send invoice/s to client/s and check Invoice is Billing Status is in a closed and ready to sync state - i.e. Closed - Emailed
Step 2 - Sync Invoices using Wise-Sync
- Check you have extended the Sync ConnectWise Invoices Through date to allow for post dated invoices
- No errors
- A matching Wise-Pay user for that company, with Auto-Payments configured, AND
- That Wise-Payer has been associated with the same Billing Terms as the invoice
Invoice # matched Billing Terms and has been scheduled for auto-payment processing
Step 3 - You and your Wise-Payers can use the Wise-Pay Portal to view scheduled payments
The Wise-Pay Dashboard, in the top right hand corner shows Scheduled Payments. Your customers will only see their own Scheduled Payments, and you will see all of the upcoming Schedule Payments for all your customers.
Clicking on the drop down arrow will show options for Scheduled Payments:
- Check Request - provides update on status i.e. Scheduled transaction is still waiting to be processed.
- Cancel Payment - can be cancelled by you or the customer pending a query over a billed product or cost
- Download PDF - your customers can now always get copies of invoices themselves - whenever, wherever.
At the bottom of that screen under Auto-Payments you will now see the record showing that the invoice has been created using auto-payment.
Hovering over the "i" will summarise the Scheduled Payment Details
Issues with Invoices
Invoices will on occasion be queried and require amendments, and Wise-Sync uses single record batching to make it easy to change invoices as required. When you re-sync an amended invoice, Wise-Pay will also recognise that a change has been made to an invoice, and update amounts and dates for Auto-Payments that have been scheduled, as long as they are made prior to the cut off for payment processing the day prior to the due date for the scheduled payment.