Create a Custom Menu Entry to allow access to Wise-Sync from within ConnectWise without the need to log in.
The QuickLink is created at the Wise-Sync user level and allows any user (with access to the restricted location) access to sync with Wise-Sync using that user account.
You may wish to create a separate user account for this function. If any user attempts to access any of the other menus outside of the basic sync function, they will be prompted for login credentials.
Creating a User Quicklink
- Log into Wise-Sync
- Click on the Users toolbar menu
- Click on the User Account you wish to create a quicklink for
- Click on the Generate Q-Link button
- Copy the entire quicklink URL (including the qid number)
Tip rather than writing this code down with a notepad and pen, press CTRL + A, CTRL + C to copy it to your computers inbuilt clipboard.
- Press Save, to ensure that the link is saved.
- Log into ConnectWise
- Click on the Setup Tables
- Search for "Custom Menu Entry"
- Create a New Custom Menu Entry
- Enter the Title: Wise-Sync
- Enter the Q-Link copied from Step 1
- Download the Logo and save this in a place to access later
- Access the place where you saved the file (you will need to change the file filter to include png files)
- Check the "Open in New Window" checkbox.
- Select which Locations should be excluded (if you want to limit access to this menu).
- Press Test - To ensure that the link has been saved correctly, if it does not work, repeat the process at step 1.
- Press Save, your link will be visible when you close and reopen ConnectWise.
Please note that for better security, the Quicklink will only allow syncing - if you click on any of the other menus in Wise-Sync you will be asked to log in again.
For more details on other errors which may appear from time to time, refer to the help documentation in the Wise-Sync Knowledge Base