ConnectWise API Keys can either be created under a ConnectWise Member or an API Member. It is important to ensure that the Member has the appropriate Security Role and location permissions for the types of transactions being synced.
How do I get there?
To create a ConnectWise API Key, navigate inside ConnectWise Manage to System > Members
What do I need to do?
This step is not required if using a ConnectWise Member instead of an API Member.
- Navigate to System > Members.
- Select the API Members tab.
- Select the New Item icon.
- In the Member ID field, create a new API member name: Wise-Sync
- Enter a name in the Member Name field: Wise-Sync
- Under System, select the security role in the Role ID drop-down that contains the correct Manage permissions needed.
- Select Corporate in the Level and Name drop-downs. Selecting Corporate (Level 1) is generally the most appropriate and provides the most access to companies in Manage that is needed for the Wise-Sync integration.
- Select a Location in the Location drop-down. The location selected does not affect your integration
- Select Corporate in the Default Territory drop-down. The territory selected does not affect your integration.
- Click Save.
- From the Member Details screen (either ConnectWise Member or API Member) navigate to the API Keys tab.
- Click the New Item icon.
- Enter a description for your API keys: Wise-Sync
- Click Save.
Your API keys will be generated and display.
Important: You can only view the Private Key once, after it's been generated, you may wish to store the Public and Private Keys for each member generated in your password management system.
- Log into Wise-Sync
- Navigate to Accounts screen - this will apply the keys to all users set up in Wise-Sync.
Note: If you wish a particular user to have separate keys for some reason, navigate to that user's User Details and update their keys in the ConnectWise API Member tab.
|Account Details||ConnectWise: API Public Key||Update the API Public Key generated for the Member by ConnectWise.|
|ConnectWise: API Private Key||Update the API Private Key generated for the Member by ConnectWise.|
|Test ConnectWise REST Connectivity||Click to test the ConnectWise Member API Credentials stored for the user.|
Note: When copying and pasting the API keys from ConnectWise Manage, sometimes a leading space can be accidentally copied, try pasting into notepad first to make sure you've got just the keys and no spaces.
For more information about User Accounts see Configure Wise-Sync User Accounts Looking for More information? Further information can be found at: