Resolved in 2018.4.
The tax component of Purchase Order lines accumulate when Open Batches for that Purchase Order are deleted. This results in an adjustment on re-batch to the Accounting Package:
If the adjustment is greater than the amount nominated in the Wise-Sync Company Setting Limit Adjustments Amount, this will result in the following adjustment error:
How do we know?
It was reported through our partner network that due to a PO needing to be re-batched through to the Accounting Package, that an Adjustment Error was occurring without changing anything.
We were able to replicate the problem, via the following steps:
- Create a purchase order
- Receive all lines on the order - we are going to force the adjustment for PACKINGSLIP1
- Batch to Xero - note the tax component of PACKINGSLIP1 - $777.60
- Delete the Batch. Notice the Tax Component for PACKINGSLIP1 has accumulated by the tax component of PACKINGSLIP2 $2.40
- Update 2nd line (in this example, we added serial numbers)
- Re-batch to Xero. Notice the adjustment of $2.40
What are we doing about it?
Option 1 - Re-sync the Purchase Order without tax.
- Unreceive goods
- Untick the PO header option to apply tax to taxable products
- Re-receive goods
Option 2 - Sync again with the Wise-Sync Company Setting Limit Adjustments Amount set to zero.
Long Term Solution
The issue was reported to ConnectWise and resolved in v2018.4.