What to consider
Consider the advantages you're gaining from managing your inventory outside of Wise-Sync. Generally the cost of managing Inventory using Wise-Sync turns out to be less than the manual effort to complete the process.
Inventory Sync should be disabled once all Inventory has been sold, otherwise residual inventory balances may be left in your account package. This will require accounting advice about how to finalise the remaining balances.
Once Inventory Sync is disabled, Inventory Adjustments and Transfers will not post through Wise-Sync.
How do I disable Inventory Sync?
In Wise-Sync Account Admins are able to disable Inventory Sync via one of two methods:
Via your Wise-Sync Company
If subscribed to the Mr Miyagi plan, use this method unless you wish to downgrade to a Wise-Sync plan that does not include Procurement/Inventory Sync.
If subscribed to the Sync-Ninja plan use this method if you wish to stay subscribed to Enhanced Support.
- Turn off the COGS Inventory feature.
Via your Wise-Sync Subscription
- Downgrade to a Wise-Sync plan that does not include Procurement/Inventory Sync or;
- If subscribed to the Sync-Ninja plan, downgrade from Enhanced Support to Basic Support. Enhanced Support is required to sync Inventory.
There is no configuration change required in ConnectWise.
I've disabled Inventory Sync, what now?
If you've already changed Wise-Sync Plans or disabled your Inventory Sync, you may need to manage Inventory Values directly in your Accounting Package:
1. COGS will post on purchase, so assets will no longer move through to your Inventory Asset Account.
2. If there are assets remaining on the Balance Sheet, then they will need to manually journal these to effect the P&L.
There are two approaches
1. Manage Inventory Values directly in your Accounting Package by creating Bills.
2. Create Inventory Values to COGS journal in your Accounting Package, at a time confirmed by your accountant (normally end of year).
We do not recommend that all parts be set to "Non-Inventory" in ConnectWise and all Inventory parts are made inactive.
If you require further instruction on clearing inventory balances, please reach out to ConnectWise Support for further details on how to turn off Inventory.