Applies to: ConnectWise Manage and Xero
Info: This feature is only available in the Sync Ninja and Mr. Myagi plans.
The Wise-Sync integration allows for Sales Rep information to be sent to the Xero invoice with the correct setup in place. For this to work, Sales Representative information must exist in ConnectWise Manage, Tracking and Sales Rep Tracking must be enabled in Wise-Sync, Tracking Codes must be set in Xero, and the proper token must be entered in GL Mappings.
Enable Tracking Categories in Wise-Sync Company
- Inside Wise-Sync, click Companies and into your Company name
- Click into the ‘Xero Tracking’ option and select the option to enable it
Account Settings in Wise-Sync
- In Wise-Sync, navigate to Account > Tracking Categories.
- Ensure that the titles in ‘Category Level 2 segment’ and ‘Category Level 3 segment’ match the titles of the Tracking Category Names in Xero
- Enable the ‘Is Sales Rep Tracking’ option
Sales Representative Cross Reference in ConnectWise Manage
- In ConnectWise Manage, navigate to System > My Company, and click into the Structure tab
- Open each Territory in your structure that has an assigned Sales Representative
- Enter the appropriate Sales Representative code in each Territory’s Sales Representative Cross Reference, and Save
Tracking Codes in Xero
- Inside Xero, navigate to the Accounting menu > Advanced option.
- Click into ‘Tracking categories’
- Add in the Sales Representatives to ‘Tracking 2’ (or whatever your title is) and save
GL Mapping for Sales Rep in Manage
- Inside ConnectWise Manage, navigate to System > Setup Tables > GL Accounts Setup Table
- The lookup token ([Lookup]) can be entered at the Owner level mapping. The system will look to the invoice being batched, and get the territory to place the right Sales Representative on the Xero invoice.
- Enter this exactly into the Tracking 2 field on those mappings: [Lookup]
a. It is very important that this matches exactly, including the capital “L” in Lookup
b. Wise-Sync will see the [Lookup] token and retrieve invoice’s ‘Territory’ and pick the right Sales Representative
Invoice created in ConnectWise Manage with correct territory:
The invoice picked up the mapping for Tracking 2 (Sales Rep):
Synced Invoice in Xero: